Technology Mission Statement
Technology at BTS is implemented to prepare our students for the rigors of a 21st century life, enabling our students to be leaders in the workplace, the home, and our communities.
Technology shall empower our students to be a creative and positive force in our world, with a strong moral and ethical foundation centered around the school's mission to "witness and nurture the transforming power of the teaching's of Christ." BTS technology will be provided in an environment that fosters growth and exploration in a safe and positive environment.
Technology Vision Statement
21st century leaders will thrive in a technology-laden environment by:
- Adapting to new social and technological paradigms
- Demonstrating strong critical thinking abilities to discern fact from a sea of information
- Leveraging technology to creatively and effectively communicate new, and positive ideas
BTS students will be well-equipped to leverage technology as a force for personal, intellectual and moral growth to become a positive force in their communities.
- 1:1 Device Program for grades 2 to 8; cart-based approach for pre-k through grade 1
- Focus on collaborative learning, problem identification and problem solving
- Cross-curriculum approach to technology skill acquisition. Every classroom is a technology classroom.
Creation over Consumption
- Technology adopted as a means to foster creative thinking and creativity
- Project-focused learning incorporating multiple media platforms
- Strong digital citizenship component with a focus on self-directed decision-making
- Rigorous filtering to ensure a safe and productive learning environment
- Focus on information analysis, discernment and critical thinking