Mission & Vision
Blessed Trinity Catholic School’s mission is to witness and nurture the transforming power of the teachings of Christ through academic excellence and servant discipleship.
Our vision is to empower students to use their academic talents, gifts, and faith to be productive and compassionate citizens bringing the light of Christ to others.
Blessed Trinity Catholic School's sole focus is to educate the whole student: mind, body and soul. This education encompasses personal well-being and health, spiritual growth and academic achievement. The school strives to achieve this goal by providing a learning environment centered in Christ's teachings and which emphasizes the importance of Christian values. The development of faith and the instillation of sound Christian values is an ongoing process. Therefore, the involvement of both parents and the parish family are viewed as an essential element in the development of the child. This enables the student to spread Christ's message through both word and action.
The faithful of Miami Springs and Virginia Gardens were permitted to start their own parish of Blessed Trinity in 1953. The date selected for their first Mass was Trinity Sunday. The parish began in a tent behind a manor house and parishioners initially came from Hialeah, namely St. John the Apostle Parish, which sits on the opposite side of the canal that marks the boundary of Miami Springs. In that same year, Father James Nelan became Blessed Trinity’s first pastor.
In 1956 the congregation had grown too large to be accommodated in the tent for Sunday Mass. Temporary accommodations were arranged with the Miami Springs Villas while a church and school was being built.
- Ground breaking for the church and school took place in July 1957. By this time, the parish shared a pastor with another Hialeah church: the late Msgr. Dominick Barry of Immaculate Conception.
- On January 15, 1958 Archbishop Joseph Hurley blessed the church and school. The new school incorporated two one-story buildings connected by an arcade with a total of eight classrooms (one for each grade level 1st-8th).
- In 1977 Blessed Trinity School underwent its first accreditation under the leadership of Barbara Saveski, principal. It was granted full accreditation.
- In 1982, Father Joseph Carney becomes pastor.
- In 1987, Charles Pulizzi left the school before the end of the academic year and Pio Tei succeeded him as principal. During his 17- year tenure as principal, Tei led the school through several successful accreditations. Throughout his nearly two decade career Terry Bohr served as his assistant principal from 1987- 91, Maureen McNulty from 1991- 99 and Judith Parcher from 1999- 2010.
- In 1997, a new parish hall was dedicated. This building serves as the center of parish activities and contains an auditorium, the school cafeteria, a Pre-K4 classroom, the deacon’s office and a small group meeting room.
- In 2000, the parish decided to refurbish the church rather than rebuild it. They added ceramic tile, faux wooden rafters and stained glass windows, and removed the wooden paneling, which covered the walls. On September 9, 2001 the parish celebrated its first mass in the newly refurbished church and was officially rededicated by Archbishop John C. Favalora on Sept. 16.
- Also in 2001, Blessed Trinity gave birth to a mission, which has since become the newest parish in the archdiocese: Our Lady of Guadalupe in Doral.
- On January 26, 2003 the 1,200-family community of Blessed Trinity celebrated their Golden Jubilee (50th) looking forward to the future. That year Mrs. Maria Teresa Perez became the school's twelfth principal and a house was also built towards the rear of the property for the priests of the parish, allowing the main building to fully be converted to office space.
- In the fall of 2009, Blessed Trinity School expanded, welcoming its first PK-3 class with 12 students. After a successful year and with encouragement from parents, the school once again expanded in the fall of 2010 and added a second PK-3 class with an additional 12 students.
- In 2013, we were able to realize our goal of expanding by building a multi- purpose center, named The Joseph T. Carney Enrichment Center. This center houses the school’s Pre-K2 and Pre-K3 classrooms as well as parish ministry meeting rooms. Blessed Trinity Parish in Miami Springs celebrated its 60th anniversary on Sept. 6, 2013 with a Mass celebrated by Archbishop Thomas Wenski. Following the Mass, the archbishop blessed the parish’s new multipurpose center, which was officially named the Father Joseph T. Carney Enrichment Center.
History of Principals
- Sister Mary Angelina Catina, SSND 1959-65
- Sister Mary Timothene McFadden, SSND 1965-66
- Sister Mary Earlene Fish, SSND 1966-68
- Sister Charles Mary Horn, SSND 1968–71
- Sister Mary Laurentilla Back, SSND 1971-75
- Mrs. Barbara Saveski 1975-78
- Sister Gertrude Marie Kramer, SSND 1978-83
- Father Rafael Pedroso 1984-85
- Sister Dorothy Charles Pulizzi 1986-87
- Mr. Pio Tei 1987-2003
- Mrs. Maria Teresa Perez 2003-2019
- Mrs. Deborah Ayash, Interim 2019-2020
- Mrs. Susy Del Riego 2020- Present
Blessed Trinity School is a parish school within the Archdiocese of Miami, operating under the auspices of the Office of Catholic Schools. We are a fully-accredited school through the Florida Catholic Conference (FCC) and the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
Blessed Trinity educates the whole child by promoting spiritual, emotional, intellectual, social and physical development in a nurturing, Catholic setting. We challenge each student to attain their fullest potential while developing a true sense of self-esteem founded in a solid Catholic curriculum. Students are summoned to develop their God-given potential.